Friday, January 16, 2009

Blessing Day

We blessed Evan at church on Sunday, Jan 4th. (happy birthday, Ashley!) My day did it and it was very sweet. She was great and didn't make a peep. Everyone in my family except Andy and Drew (Drew was sick) was there. And although I didn't know it until after, Russell and Jill were there, too. We had the fam over for lunch afterwards. Of course I didn't get any really good pictures. I didn't even think to do it at the church with everyone there and then by the time I got settled enough at home, the boys had already changed clothes. Me and Richard got a picture with her but it wasn't very good so it's not on here.

My dear friend, Angie Martin made her blessing dress and it was beautiful! Thank you so much, Angie. You are so talented! Detail of the front.
The back...look at those sweet little heart buttons!

Evan in her gorgeous dress.


Note: Be sure and look at other posts. I finally got caught up today!

8 comments:

Katy said...

What a gorgeous dress! Angie is SO talented. How's the girl life? Dresses and girls are so awesome!! I really like Chandler and Hudson's Christmas present, too!

Anonymous said...

Valoree, she's so beautiful! And that dress IS gorgeous! I never could do those headband bows with Anna. I felt like they squeezed her head. Just use a little dab of KY jelly on her head, attach bow, and voila! :) Congratulations on your baby girl! They're so different from boys.

Ashley said...

Thanks for sharing all those pictures!

Caroline said...

The dress is amazing and the day was perfect!

Anonymous said...

Wow, don't I have the MOST BEAUTIFUL grandkids in the universe. Evan is a very sweet baby, just like her Mother.
Love to all,
MOM

Meghan said...

Beautiful dress! Your baby girl is so precious. I love it that you have a girl now. We will have to set up Evan and Seth when they get older, they would be such a good match.

Nicole said...

So yes the dress is so beautiful and that Angie is way talented. your little girl is just precious. Isn't fun having a girl.

heidi said...

that is the MOST beautiful blessing dress that i have ever seen. and she looks like a taste of heaven. i just want to squeeze her and whisper in her ear, "never grow up! stay small and sweet forever!"
good job valoree. well played!