Monday, March 3, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

Our last few weekends have been busy, busy, busy. And, they are going to stay that way for a while! A couple of weeks ago, we kept my sister Elizabeth's kids, Shelby and Kaitlyn for a few hours one Sat evening. I didn't even get a picture of Shelby but she and Hudson had a good time playing together. I enjoyed painting Shelby's fingernails and washing and brushing her gorgeous, long, blond, curls. Kaitlyn was not feeling very well but she was still pretty good. Richard got her to sleep and just held her for the longest time. We've forgotten what it's like to have one that little around.
The next Friday night, we invited Sydney to spend the night. When I went to pick her up, I talked Caroline into letting me take John Evan, too. They were both really good. John Evan just followed Syndey and Hudson around. He did let me love on him some. I did find out that he is a really light sleeper and you don't want to wake him up cause he won't go back to sleep. He never cried or anything, just banged his head up and down on the pack n' play. He's a funny little man.Chandler was at a friend's house so Hud and Syd were going to sleep in his room but that ended up not working out. They watched a movie and then Sydney came and told me that she wanted to sleep in Hudson's room and he was going to to sleep in Chan's. I think they are just both really used to sleeping alone and it just works better that way.

Chandler's basketball team came in 3rd for the season. They played a team Friday night that had beat them the other time we played them. They had 13-14 year olds on their team and it's suppose to be a 12&under league. Our boys played so good and almost beat them. It was very exciting and we were so proud of them. We played Sat morning at 9 for 3rd and the team we were suppose to play, didn't show up so the boys played around a little and then we all went to Cracker Barrel to celebrate.

After the basketball celebration, it was off to Academy to buy cleats for both the boys and then straight to Chandler's baseball practice. From there, it was off to Hudson's baseball practice. So, here we go with baseball season! Yea!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Congrats Chandler!

Thanks so much for keeping the kids! I had no idea John Evan was such a light sleeper. I guess I don't hear much with him being on the other side of the house! You are the best aunt ever!
We are looking forward to baseball!