Monday, March 24, 2008

10th caller

Last Tuesday, I had just picked Hudson up from school and was on my way to pick Chan up from a friend's when I heard on the radio, be the 10th caller now at this number to win. I thought, what the heck? So I dialed and it rang and rang, finally someone answered and said B-1017, try again. So, I did and it rang again immediately. Usually when you call a radio station trying to win something, you get a busy signal. After several rings, the voice on the other line said, B-1017, who is this? I knew that I was the 10th caller at that point and was scared that he was going to ask me some crazy trivia question and that I was going to sound like an idiot. But, he didn't. I won just for being the 10th caller! I won 2 movie passes and a decorated cake from TCBY! Sweet! Now if I could only win when they are giving away money!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

That is awesome! I have never called into a radio station because I am always afraid that if they say "what radio station is the best" or whatever that I will have no idea what station I just called! I guess that is just proof that I don't listen to the radio much!

Ashley said...

So cool! Congrats! I've won a few things on radio stations, but never ended up going to pick them up. The prizes weren't as cool as what you won.