Friday, January 4, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

2008...wow. My blogging efforts have really been sad these last couple of months. I am doing another post without pictures but I promise to update those soon. My camera kept messing up over Christmas so I probably don't have many good ones to share anyway. But, I still need to put some up of Hud's b'day and stuff. So...those will be coming. Hopefully next week.

We had a great Christmas. It just came and went too fast. I think the boys really got what they wanted. We had talked about getting them a Wii this year but then when we saw how hard it was to find them, we just weren't going to worry with it because it wasn't something they specifically asked for. About a week before Christmas, Richard was at the Wal-mart in Thomasville and they made an announcement that they had just gotten in a shipment. After an internal debate with himself, he bought one. They got in 30 that day and he bought the last one! I wish I had a picture of Chan's face when they opened it. He wasn't expecting it at all and was shocked. I did get it on video. I kept telling Richard that Hudson probably wouldn't care that much about it but let me tell you...he probably plays it more than anyone and kicks every one's butt in bowling. He has the high score right now of like 246. He gets strikes all the time and he's hilarious to watch they way he slings that controller around. He loves to play the baseball game, too. Chandler is excited about his guitar. Now I just need to find someone to give him lessons. We really enjoyed our time off work and school and spending time with family. Hudson's daycare was closed until yesterday. Thanks to Caroline, Juanita (Richard's mom) and my mom for helping keep him!

New Year's was fun, too. Chandler spent the night with a friend and Sydney spent the night with Hudson. We did some small fireworks and sparklers as soon as it got dark that night cause they were so excited and let me tell you, they are both some pyros! We caught a paper bag on fire and it scared me for a minute but it was minor. They loved it! Richard and I didn't even stay up to see the new year come in. How sad is that? Oh, well. That's what happens when you get old. Can't wait to see what fun and adventure this next year brings.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

How fun that your kids got a Wii! Those are the best gifts that I remember as a kid..the ones I never saw coming. Looking back, I don't remember what I got, but remember how excited I was. Just the magic of Christmas, I guess! Happy New Year!

Meghan said...

Dad's are always the biggest kids on Christmas. Sounds like your Christmas was really fun and the boys had the best time.

Caroline said...

Glad y'all had a great Christmas! Thanks for letting Sydney share in the fireworks fun! She can't stop talking about it. Can't wait to the boys play in the band! HAHA!