Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Fall Break Vacation

Last Thursday and Friday, Chandler was out of school for fall break so Richard and I took off work and we went to New Orleans. We had a great time! I love New Orleans and I am already longing to go back. People in cars aren't too friendly or patient but I loved all the buildings and the history.



We went the awesome zoo there.












Chandler picked the Hard Rock Cafe to eat. I still say he just wanted to go there to get a t-shirt (and they both got one). But, it was a good experience b/c I've never been to one before.










We went to Jackson Square on Friday morning. It was beautiful. We went to Cafe Dumonde and had hot chocolate and beignets.












Here are Hudson and Chandler enjoying some beignets at the Cafe Dumonde in the Riverwalk. Yes, we had them twice.










We went to a Children's museum. They had a grocery store and several other interactive play areas and they had some exhibits similar to the McWane Center.










They also had a Dr. Suess theme going on at the museum.




























This was in front of a Voo-Doo shop we passed on the way to our hotel. Hudson was all about looking at him until Richard picked him up so they could get a closer look. I guess he thought he was going to reach out and touch him :) We had a great trip and I want to go back soon.

5 comments:

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ashley said...

Wow! Cool trip! I liked it when I went to, but I didn't stay over night. What was the hotel like?

Anonymous said...

It was good...just a hotel. It was the Holiday Inn so it was nice enough. The beds were really comfortable. They had an indoor pool on the 10th floor so that was pretty cool. And, we could see Canal Street and the Mississippi River from our room. -Val

heidi said...

so neat! what a fun family! those boys look like they get along so well!!! but then, who takes pictures of their kids when they are fighting???

Caroline said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Your boys are precious!!!!!!