Monday, October 16, 2006

10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1, BLAST OFF!

As part of my calling in the Cub Scouts, I had to build a rocket out of cardboard boxes and duck tape for an upcoming scout day camp. I was not looking forward to this b/c as many of you know...I am not creative at all. Richard came up with the basic design but I basically did all the work myself. It look me about 4 hours. When Richard saw it (he wasn't at home when I was working on it), he was so impressed. I have to admit that it turned out better than I thought it would. I was going in it with the mentality of I don't care what it looks like, just so it gets done. But, after all the work I wanted to share.

Hudson and Chander were excited at first about helping me paint it but they quickly lost interest. This is just a small portion of the mess Hudson made.

Here are some pictures of the finished project. It had to be big enough for the boys to stand in and carry and have a control panel. It also had to have a Flag of Nation, the name of the nation, a rocket name, and troop number.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey, that does look good! Great job Val! It came quite a way since we saw it Sunday!

Caroline said...

That looks really good! You should be proud. 4 hours? Did you do it all in one night?

Anonymous said...

Caroline-
I did it all Sunday afternoon.
Val

heidi said...

very impressive! you keep this up and you will get to be in scouts for hudson too!

Anonymous said...

HEY V,

SORRY TO GO PET PEEVE ON YOU BUT........IT'S CALLED DUCT TAPE. (AS IN YOU USE IT TO TAPE DUCTS, NOT DUCKS.)