Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Week in Review

I had a sonogram on Monday and everything looks good. My due date is still December 6th. I was able to hear the heartbeat and that was really cool. It was also great to have some visual and audible confirmation that I am pregnant. Kinda makes it seem real. I haven't been feeling as nauseous but really, really tired and just kinda yuck at times.

Other news...Chandler went to Space Camp last week on a school trip and had a great time. A couple of his friend's dads went and they came back telling Richard that Chandler was a lady's man. He said Chandler had quite a following. Of course when we asked Chandler about it, he played it off and just said that he hung out with the girls a lot and that one girl pretty much wore his hat the whole time. When I picked him up, the first thing I asked him after, did you have fun? was Do you have a new girlfriend? He said no but then we found out a couple days later that he did meet a new girl on the trip and apparently she's his new girlfriend now. These things don't seem to last too long with him thank goodness so I'm not really going to worry about it...yet.
Chandler had basketball tryouts at his school Monday and Tuesday for next year. He said it was hard, tiring, and fun. We won't know for a couple of weeks if he made it or not.

Hudson is really enjoying baseball. He wants to play/throw/practice all the time. He and our neighbor play in the backyard pretty often and it is so cute how they just get their own little game going. A friend of Hudson's mom is pregnant also. His teacher said that they were talking about their moms being pregnant the other day and the friend said, my mom throws up. Hudson said my mom doesn't throw up because she likes being pregnant! How funny!

Sunday, my nephew, Colt (Mary's baby) was blessed. Everyone was able to come to church except for Heather and it was great to have all the family together. We ate lunch at Caroline's and spent all afternoon at their house. It was a beautiful day and I'm so glad we were all able to get together for something so special.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Hudson is too funny! His poor friend though who thinks his mom doesn't like being pregnant. Kids...

Nicole said...

kids say the darndest things sometimes! How funny. Great to hear that everything is going well with the preg.

Cheyenne said...

I don't even know what blog I was on when I found your's...these things are like mazes....I didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations! We're missing sooo many things...

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Valoree! I love how there is always someone pregnant in your family. :) There's always something exciting to look forward to. I hope everything goes well with your pregnancy.

Caroline said...

That is so funny what Hudson and his friend said! So, are Chandler and Sammy still "together"? That's so cute and so wierd! So glad your ultrasound went well! Sydney is pulling for a girl!