Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Updates

Well, it's been a while since I've posted. Not much really going on these days but so Ashley won't be disappointed next time she pulls up my blog...I'll post.

School is going well for both Chandler and Hudson. Chandler has made all A's both six weeks. I think 6th grade is actually easier than 5th. He's enjoying youth at church and his busy social life. I am very grateful for all the great friends he has. He's playing basketball with his friend's church and several of his friends are on the team. Their first game is this Saturday. I love watching my boys play sports so I'm looking forward to it even if I don't enjoy basketball as much as baseball.

Hudson loves school. He can kinda write his name and he recognizes all the days of the week and most of the months of the year. He can count to 14 in Spanish. He has lots of good friends as well. A few weeks ago, he taught himself to ride his bike without training wheels! They have a bike at school and he had been trying to ride it so one afternoon that Richard picked him up early, he asked Richard to take his training wheels off his bike at home. He practiced and practiced for about 2 hours and can now ride a bike! We were very impressed that he didn't get frustrated when he fell time after time. He looked so cute with his houndstooth Alabama hat turned backwards. He was so proud of himself! His birthday is in a week and I can't believe he'll be 5!

I have to pat myself on the back. Richard and I joined the YMCA a year ago and I have been consistently for a year. There was a week here or there that I didn't get to go at all but for the most part, I averaged going 3-4 times a week. I know you can't really tell it by looking at me:) I do enjoy it though and I'm proud that I stuck to it. I honestly thought it might last 3 months.

Thanksgiving weekend was great. I was off Friday, too so we had a long weekend. There was so much I could have been doing but we really took it easy and it was wonderful! I love this time of year and am excited to start the Christmas season!

5 comments:

heidi said...

congratulations on your ymca attendance! i too am a ymcaer and i love it! but, it is still easy to not go. reward yourself with new workout socks! i think thick cushy socks help me when i am on the treadmill, as least mentally.

Jennifer said...

Wow, your boys are getting so big! I remember when I first met you, Hudson was just a little thing and now he's teaching himself to ride bikes! Crazy..
Congrats on the YMCA thing too. That really is a big achievement.

Ashley said...

Aw now I feel bad about not checking this earlier in the week! It's been a really hectic week, but I was pleased to see a new post today! Thanks! I can't believe Hudson taught himself to ride a bike! Can't wait to see y'all Sunday! AND great job on the YMCA attendance. We're playing around with the idea of joining ourselves.

Caroline said...

YAY! I love updates!
I am so proud of you too! I love to exercise! Did you decide to renew your membership?
I can't wait to see Hud ride his bike!

chandler said...

yes 6th is easier than 5th.WAY EASIER!!!!!!!