Monday, August 14, 2006

For the love of the game

As many of you know, our family loves baseball. So, I thought it would be appropriate for my first post to be about baseball. Chandler played All-Stars for Kentuck this year and they had a great season with a great coach.


This is Chan playing 1st base. This is my favorite position for him to play. His coach called him "The Great Wall of Chandler" He did a great job and his coach was very complimentary of him. Although his hitting wasn't as great as it usually is, his coach wouldn't sit him out, cause he needed him at 1st.


A couple if times he played catcher or pitched. They won their District Tournament, won the State Tournament, and came in 2nd at the World Series. They went undefeated the whole season until the World Series Championship game and a team from Tallahassee beat them twice to win the tournament. The kids (and parents) were sad but we got over it quickly.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

I am so proud of Chandler. It is neat to think back on when he started playing t-ball. They were so cute out there running around. I never would have guessed that he would one day be a star player. I am glad that he has something that he is so passionate about. It is also good that he can share his talent with the whole family. Don't tell but he will always be my favorite nephew!

heidi said...

i love that you have a blog. now i can keep tabs on you! i had no idea that chandler was so proficient at baseball. it must be from all his knowledge of primary music.

Valoree said...

Well, Caroline I won't tell but that doesn't mean they won't read this. :)

And Heidi, the primary music is so right. Thanks so much for your contribution! :)

Ashley said...

You need to update your blog ;) I'll see you this afternoon.