Friday, August 7, 2009

Vacation part 2...Orange Beach

The kids and I left Calhoun, Georgia on Wednesday about lunch and headed to Orange Beach. It look us forever to get there. I missed a turn and it cost us over an hour. Considering I was traveling by myself with 3 kids, we did great. I was totally stressed out and my nerves were shot but we made it. Needless to say, we didn't do anything that night but check out the house and get settled. The great family that let us stay in their condo last year, let us stay in the house this year. It was beautiful and had a great neighborhood pool that we pretty much had to ourselves when we went. They have 5 children so everything was very kid friendly and they had plenty of toys and games. Thank you so much Sellers for your great generosity! We had a blast! Richard's parents came on Thursday afternoon and Richard got there late Thursday night. Richard's parents were at the World Series, too and his mom was a great help with Evan! Thanks Juanita! She's also spent the summer entertaining Hudson and has been a life saver! Enjoy pics of the beach trip!
Evan's first time on the beach. She didn't seem to mind the sand at all. I was worried about her getting it on her hands and then rubbing her eyes but she was okay. I didn't keep her out there long at all. We're more pool people.
The boys are getting so big and actually got along pretty well this trip.

How cute is her swimsuit?



She really starting trying to crawl but couldn't quite get it down. I love this skirt I got at the Children's Place Outlet for $2.99!



She was way excited when the waitress at Lambert's gave her this balloon!

The house backs up to Gulf State park and there was a pond behind the house and several little lakes in the neighborhood the boys fished in. Richard saw a baby alligator one day and we were warned about snakes by the owners but luckily we didn't see any of those!

Of course we did the putt-putt and go carts. Evan stayed with Me-maw while we did that. Richard and his dad did a great shrimp boil one night and we played lots of Uno. I love my family and vacations!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

So cute. Chandler and Hudson got along? No way! :) I totally want to take another family vacation to the beach or Gatlinburg. Too bad the economy is bad and everyone in our family is stretched for money. Hopefully things will turn around and we can do it sooner than later.