Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Evan Faye Morgan

Thank you Caroline for announcing Evan's arrival! Evan is one week old today and we love her so much! You can never estimate the amount of love and other great feelings that a new baby brings into a family. Her delivery was so smooth and fast! It was a great experience and I'm so glad that Richard and I were able to go through that again together. He was a great support to me and I just love his sense of humor (most of the time). He had me and everyone in the room laughing and he just made it fun. He also took great care of me! This was by far my easiest delivery and recovery! I feel so bad for women who are in labor for hours! Thank you so much to all my great family who took care of my family while we were in the hospital!

Me before going to the hospital at 3am on Tuesday, December 2, 2008. My goal was to work on the first of Dec and then be induced after that. Everything worked out perfect!



Richard with Evan just moments after her birth. She had him wrapped from the first moment he saw her! He kept joking that there was still a chance she would be a boy but he loves that baby girl!




These boys love her so much and are so helpful! They ask to feed her and hold her and they just hang out and look at her all the time! Hudson says about a hundred times a day, she's so cute! He tells me I had a pretty baby.
This is the dress I picked out for Evan. I love it! Richard actually requested that his picture be taken with her and he hates to have his picture made! He's also requested that we have some family pictures done soon! What is it about little girls?

Now a note about her name:
We had the name Evan picked out but could not come up with a middle name. Even in the delivery room, this was still being discussed and we just couldn't come up with anything. While I was delivering her, Richard's mom got a phone call that Richard's grandmother (dad's mom) passed away unexpectedly. Her name was Mary Faye but she went by Faye. So that's where the name Faye came from.
















5 comments:

Ashley said...

What a sweet family! I want to hold her again! She'll be so different by the time I see her again Christmas Eve!

Candice said...

She is so beautiful! Congrats! And her dress is so lovely!

Nicole said...

So precious! She is adorable and I think the dress is so cute too. See, arn't little girls so sweet. She is deffinetly going to have all the attention around your house. What a sweet family you have!

Caroline said...

I LOVE the picture of the 3 boys surrounding Evan!

heidi said...

she is making me baby hungry. she is so precious and i loveLOVElove that dress. you need to frame it and put it up in her room.