Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First day of school

The boys started school last week. Hudson is in kindergarten and Chandler is in the 7th grade. Because of all the crappy changes the city schools made this year, they are both at the same school. Most of the schools are K-8 now. They are both doing fine so far but we hope to put our house up for sale by the end of the month and be moved my the first of the year so Chandler can get back to the school all his friends are at. He's playing football and 3 schools combine for that so he's able to see some of his buddies at football practice everyday after school. The first thing Hudson said to me when I picked him up after his first day was, "I didn't go to the Principal's office today." :) He's gotten a green star everyday and his teacher says he listens and follows directions well. I'm glad he's doing great so far. I was a little nervous about him starting with all that goes along with "big school" but so far so good.

This was the day before school started. When I went in his room, he was asleep like this. Pillows on the floor, blanket wrapped around his head. I thought it was pretty funny.




Note: They both got haircuts about 5 days after this. I'll have to post pictures of that cause Chan got his chopped off!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I'm so glad they are doing good! Looks like Hud has on a pointy hat in the first picture. I know you are proud of those handsome boys! Does Chan have a new girlfriend yet?