Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Baseball, school, and job

Fall season at the ballpark has started. Well, practice anyway. Games start on Labor Day. Richard is coaching Hudson this time. He wasn't going to coach either one of them but the park called and asked him to coach in Hudson's age group because they needed one more. He's excited about it but hopes that his and Chan's games aren't always at the same time. The season is short, only 4 weeks and they don't play any games on Saturdays. I'm glad they are both playing.
Richard is playing softball for my bank's team. They had their first game Monday night and won 17-2. The other team was pretty sad. Richard hit the ball good. He didn't get anything hit to him in the outfield but he had a good time. He is the oldest on the team by about 10 years. It's pretty funny but as he says, "I may be the oldest but that doesn't mean I'm the most mature." So between him and the boys playing, we will be at some ball park 4 nights a week sometimes. Gotta love it!
School is going great for Chandler and Hudson. Chandler's school had open house last week and I met all his teachers. They all seem really nice and fun and they are all pretty young. I don't remember having teachers like that when I was in middle school. Hudson's doing well, also. He has a new best friend at school and talks about him all the time. His teacher writes notes in their folders everyday and that is my favorite thing to read. They are always positive and she shares a little bit of what his day was like.
For those of you who don't know, Richard is now full-time in the t-shirt business. He quit his other job in late June. Things have been going really well so far and he's been getting new business everyday. So...if anyone needs any t-shirts, uniforms, signs, or things like that, please let him know and feel free to spread the word along:)

P.S. Richard's b'day it tomorrow so Happy Birthday! I love you!
P.S.S. ROLL TIDE!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

You must really love the ball park to be excited about being there 4 nights a week! Good luck to everyone and tell Richard Happy Birthday for me. How old is he turning?

Meghan said...

How come mom isn't playing? I like watching more than playing too.

Valoree said...

Ashley-he is 32. Old I know!
Meghan-if you ever saw me try and play you would understand why I don't. My kids don't get their athletic ablilty from me:)

Caroline said...

Sounds like the Morgan household is going great! Can't wait to watch some baseball!